Polar Bear Plunge Sea Isle New Jersey

Polar Bear Plunge Sea Isle New Jersey

by: vPIP
Embed (copy & paste):

It’s been a long time since I’ve been to see the ocean in the dead of winter but how could I resist the 13th annual Polar Bear Plunge in Sea Isle City New Jersey. The Northeast has been in a fridgid air mass for a few weeks now and the back bays were frozen but that didn’t stop several hundred from decending on this small coastal town for a dip in the drink. And what a surprise to hear just 4 members of Fralinger Stringband parade while the main group was in Hong Kong performing for the Chinese New Year that same day.

About Jimmy CraicHead

Jimmy is the jack of all trades, master of none! Ongoing hobbys include windsurfing, travel, learning German, sailing, Apple Computers, Philadelphia, music, Victrolas, Seeburg Jukeboxes, junkyard dogs and parrots. Stay tuned if any of this nonsense interests you!
This entry was posted in Mummers, Travel and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Polar Bear Plunge Sea Isle New Jersey

1. Mr. Magic says:

Great video of this latest event of party animals ! I wish I could have been there but I to install a porcelain pooper catcher at inside water closet. It beats steam’in one in a hole in the back yard !!!

Getting back to your latest quest, “awesome”, is the only way to describe the event.

One question though ? I didn’t know MD. Shrek had a NJ. brother!

Keep em coming !

2. Hip Hoppity says:

Wow we’re talkin major shrinkage in those arctic wind chills! I’d rather watch from the comfort of my overheated living room. Well…. maybe next year, or not.
    See ya at Happy Hour, HH

3. zakhuri says:

that water was cold as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Nathan says:

That was a great video…I have always heard about such an event but never thought it would be such a good time…those folks certainly were living it up.

5. Jessica says:

Cool and fun blog. I love Sea Isle City, grew up staying there every summer! My uncle’s family is from that town.

Great mummers clips, too!
    Glad I found you @ Maxablog!

6. GERtrude says:

WOAH that is the guy from sthekf.